Owen Cemetery

by admin on September 14th, 2003

The Owen Cemetery is located o­n Rock Springs Rd approximately 6 miles east of Hwy 48.

Directions: North o­n Hwy 48 from Charlotte approximately 4 1/2 miles, Right o­n Stayton-Rock Springs Rd east approximately 6 miles.

History: Began by James Walton Owen and Family in 1955, upon the death of Bennie N. Hamilton, a great-grandson. The site was selected midway between Walton and son Gilbert's homes and was o­n the farm then owned by Gilbert Owen.



Contributed by: Roger S Owen

Headstones:


(In Order of Placement)

1. Son Bennie N. Hamilton – 1954-1955
(Son of Bobby and Joyce Owen Hamilton)

2. James Walton Owen – 1886-1959

3. Tony Hamilton – 1963-1965
(Son of Bobby and Joyce Owen – Hamilton)

4. Adell Owen – July 15, 1917-June 22, 1982
(Wife of Wilson D. Owen, maiden name Deloach)

5. Wilson Owen – Oct. 29, 1914-Mar 4, 1986

6. Mary Ruth Owen – Sep. 8, 1921-Sep. 7, 1987
(First wife of Gilbert Owen, daughter of Clarence and Lena Fowler Spann,

7.Bessie Owen Fussell – Apr. 22, 1904-Feb. 21, 1995
(Wife of James Walton Owen, and later, Emps Fussell, Mother of James William [Jim])

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Bad Behavior has blocked 240 access attempts in the last 7 days.